The AAUP’s Annual Conference on the State of Higher Education includes panel presentations, plenary speakers, and the annual business meetings of the AAUP. This year’s meeting will be held at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Crystal City in Arlington, VA from Thursday, June 14 – Sunday, June 17.
This year, conference sessions will explore free speech on campus, and features Nancy MacLean at Friday’s plenary luncheon. Nancy MacLean is the William H. Chafe Professor of History and Public Policy at Duke University and author, most recently, of Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right’s Stealth Plan for America, a finalist for the National Book Award. MacLean will speak on the topic “The Origins of the Radical Right’s Attack on Higher Education and Democracy—and What We Can Do About it.”
Here is the schedule for the delegate election:
- February 15, 2018 – Mail out the postcards to members home addresses announcing the election
- March 1, 2018 – Announce the election via email
- March 9, 2018 – Open the nominations
- March 28, 2018 – Close the nominations
- March 30, 2018 – Email Candidate Statements
- April 2, 2018 – Voting begins
- April 10, 2018 – Voting closes
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the trustees or the AAUP office.
- Jean Anthony (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Daniel Langmeyer (email@example.com)
- Joel Wolfe (firstname.lastname@example.org)